I've had a lot of e-mails and calls this week asking about Erik's progress. So, rather than sending out a bunch of e-mails, I thought I'd just post it on the blog.
Erik has been home from work all week long. He's improving each day. His head still hurts and he still gets sick, but now it is mostly when he is standing, sitting, and up moving. If he lies down, then he can rest comfortably. That is a big improvement from last week.
We've been to the doctor a few times this week. They keep telling us the same thing. This could be a spinal headache from the spinal tap that they did on him in the hospital. It could take like 2-3 weeks to get fully recovered. It makes sense, since the headache is different from what he was experiencing last week. He is also probabally going through caffine withdrawl. So, I'm sure that has caused symptoms too. He hasn't had a cup of coffee for a week and a half now. He's converted to a cup of tea in the morning.
Anyways, it's been a tiring week for everyone! We are glad that he can rest comfortably, but frusterated that we can't get help for this lingering pain, like we would back in the good 'ole USA. We'll just ride it out. I'm not sure when he'll return to work, but he is itching to go back!
We've had a lot of help from our friends here. You really know how much people care for you, when an emergency situation comes up. My friend Vanessa and her husband Erwin have been a HUGE help, as I've mentioned before. Watching the kids, and picking up groceries for us. In fact, this morning, I was thinking about how many groceries I needed for the weekend and how much it would STINK to go to the store with both boys today. My stroller doesn't even fit in the checkout line. About 20 minutes later, our doorbell rang, and Erwin was outside with a TON of groceries for us. They own a shop outside our house, and go to a giant warehouse store to get groceries for it everyday. They loaded us up with cases of soymilk, juice, soymilk juice boxes, Gatorade, apples, banannas, ect. Pretty much all the heavy stuff! So, now I just need to go get the frest food! What a surprise and a treat that was for me! I can't tell you how much they both mean to us! The boys are crazy about them as well!
I'm hoping that Erik will be feeling like himself soon! Until then, thanks for all the e-mails, calls, and concern! We are sitting MUCH better than we were a week ago!
By the way-I'm wondering if anyone thinks it's ironic that Erik has a "Spinal Tap" headache! I've had a headache from listening to "Spinal Tap" all these years! It's about time that it's his turn!
No comments:
Post a Comment