When you are a mother, you pay special attention to all of your child's accomplishments. You document and record, the first time he smiles, holds his head up, coo's, crawls, laughs, stands, walks, eats food, ect. I have been doing this for the past three, almost four years. Tomorrow will be another first I'll be recording- Curtis's first offical day of school. (Stay tuned for pics!)
I guess I didn't know how I would feel with it creeping up on me. As the day is nearing, I'm getting a little sappy and sad. Last night, as I was putting him in bed, I layed down with him. As he drifted off to sleep, I thought to myself, this is the "LAST" time I put him to bed, before he is an offical school boy. I can't believe how fast his time at home went- where did my toe-headed, belly-laughing baby go?
Today, we are getting ready for school. Curtis is SO excited! He's got his backpack all ready by the door. (I bought him the CUTEST tiger backpack, but he has opted for an ugly, oversized, Superman pack!) We have his new outfit laid out on the bed. He's already in his pj's, anxiously awaiting going to school tomorrow! He is SO excited, and I am very excited for him as well! But, there is this little part of me that is sad, that one era of his life has ended, and another has started! I'm sure my sadness will end, come 9am tomorrow morning, when I'm out and about with just one kid! Where's Starbuck or Caribou when you need it!
4 comments:
wow- congrats to everybody! Tell Curtis to make lots of friends at school so they all bring lots of Halloween candy to share with his big cousin when she comes :)
q
Double WOW !!!! What a day-big day!! Good luck to all the Leaver's getting out the door on time! Just don't leave the biggest Leaver in charge of the clock! As far as sharing candy with Bailey, I say no! She wouldn't share her pistachio's!
OMG- You are right...Bailey use to carry around a backpack FULL of snacks and Candy and not share it with Callan and Kennedy! What goes around COMES around! (:
Post a Comment