Tuesday, May 22, 2007

We Made it!

Well, we made it to Holland. The trip itself went pretty well. Only a few mix-ups. My cousin Johnny went with myself and the boys. When we went to our gate, Curtis, little Johnny, and I were sitting together. Big Johnny was 2 rows behind us! I was SO ticked off and the NWA workers wouldn't do anything about it. When we got on the plane, a guy was sitting with me and the boys in the middle of the plane. (Now who in their RIGHT MIND would want to sit with a 1 and 3 year old and their crazy mom?) I asked him if he would trade places with Big Johnny and he said, "Only if he is on an aisle!" I looked back and THANK GOD he was! So, it all worked out and we got to sit together in the end. Curtis was a CHAMP and traveled excellent and adjusted to the time with NO PROBLEMS AT ALL! I was surprised! Little Johnny did well. He had a rough hour on the plane at the end. But we were all ready to get off by that time. He also has a bad habbit of answering "Dora the Explorer" out-loud. So, it was on his little TV and he had headphones on and would yell out answers and laugh loud. That REALLY annoyed the guy in front of us! I thought it was MUCH better than the screaming!

Our car is great! We all fit with all the luggage! When we got the the apartment I was pleasantly surprised. The view is AMAZING! Absoulutly BEAUTIFUL! Erik did an awesome job picking out the place. I also love the funiture we bought from the Aussie couple! So, all the details that Erik hammered out, really came together nicely!

The past two days, we just ran errands to IKEA for house stuff, to the liscense branch for parking permits, and walked on the beach. The boys LOVE the ocean! Today my cousin Johnny and I went to Centrum (Center of the City) and had a great lunch and walked around and shopped a bit. It was nice to hang out with just adults! My friend Vanessa (who owns a coffee shop here) went with us! It's nice to have a Dutch person around to explain things to us!

All in all, it's been going well! We are still in the "honeymoon" stage! Feel free to e-mail if you want to comment on this, if you don't feel like writing comments. I just am using the blog so I don't have to send our 50 e-mails every time something happens. I'll start posting pics soon! We don't have a computer or phone yet! Suppose to happen this week! Until next time...

No comments: