Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Big Johnny's side of the story: "The Truth"

Let me start by saying, I am glad I didn't have to pay for this dam trip. First off, I have to drive 6 fricking hrs in the OPPOSITE direction from where I need to end up, what the hell is that all about!!!! The drive went good and the directions even I could follow. So, I get up there and it takes her neighbors about a nano second to find out who the new person is in town. I thought Sussex was small town, ooohh noooo. We have a winner, and it is NEW PRGUE. I met all her neighbors in approx: 45 sec. There all swell!!! No really they are!!!

Anyway, so we get everything packed and ready to go and we are off to the diasaster, I mean the airport!! Katie and Megan and the kids in one car, Kyle and myself in the other. We took different ways to the airport. It just happened, we were following each other and then Kyle and I were paying somewhat attention to the road and we missed the exit. We decided to call Katie and Megan to let them know we were all right but who would off thought, Megan's phone was in our car and Katie left her phone back home. Right now I can just imagine what was going through Katie's head. Kyle and I decided we would get there when we would-oh well.

We all get to the airport and the fun begins. As I see Kyle and Megan laughing at me as they drive away, I can only think "What did I get myself into". Let me just give you a little bit of the end of the story now. BIRTH CONTROL USE IT!!!!!USE ALOT!!!!!!!! Anywho, we get everything checked in and we are off to our terminal. We see all of the tickets everyone has seats, but big Johnny. Not a big deal, I am sure once this passenger sees the beacon of joy that these kids posses he will gladly give his seat up to me. WRONG!!! This dumb guy says in order for him to give his seat up he wants an isle seat, AN ISLE SEAT!!! Are you frickin kidding me!!!! I look down at me ticket and unfortunatly I did have a isle seat. That lucky guy. I was praying that I had a window seat, or a seat under the plane where I had to serve the frickin food, but that is all right the flight is only 9 hrs. Oh wait, Katie corrected me it is only 8hrs. Like that fricken makes a difference. Come on katie!!!!! I won't bore you with the details but lets just say the guy in front of lil Johnny didn't sleep a wink. Too Bad!! Thankfully I am a heavy sleeper and Curtis couldn't wake me up for about 1.5hrs even with Katie telling Curtis to wake me. Thank God for growing up in a big house, you can just tune stuff out. All right, we get to Amsterdam, and I have never been more excited to see Erik in my LIFE!!!

All is good and we get to the appartment and it is beautiful!!! They have a view out of every window that is amazing. Either the Ocean or of the City. We spent the first couple of days on the beach and surprisingly the boys wanted to be burried in the sand. I told Katie, I'LL DO IT!!!!!!!! I got to see my first set of breast on the beach. But don't get too excited for me just yet, just like in the military when you are trying to hit your target there is some collateral damage. Yeh, not all the targets should of been showing. The Dutch should put a age limit on the bare breast issue! But my thought "You take the good with the bad".

Anyways the boys were awesome on the beach and listened very well, untill they were tired, and they were tired a lot, aaaaa looooott. So we played on the beach, we went to Delft, then we went to, wait a second you need to hear my side of the story to Delft. First we couldn't decide whether to drive to Delft or take the tram. So we drove, we get there and it isn't to crowded yet. It is around noon time so we thought we should get some food in the little guys stomachs so they weren't so TIRED anymore! We ate at this place that was right off the cannal, they had a boat on the cannal that we could eat on, so we did. The food was awesome, but one thing surprised me, you can get a Hieniken for all most the same price as TAP WATER. How the hell does our country have a drinking problem and the Dutch don't.

Needless to say the boys don't like to shop, WHO WOULD OF THOUGHT!!! Curtis was not liking the shopping experience so Erik took him and lil Johnny home in the car. Now the car at this piont is about a 15 min walk. You guessed it Curtis was upset the whole way to the car. On the other hand, Katie and myself took advantage of all the little shops. Some stuff was reasonable but alot was very expensive. My Mom and sisters would love Delft!!!! The city is one big craft store!

So the shopping is done and a few days later it is the second weekend and we decide to go on a bike ride. Katie and I went to the storage unit and got all the bikes ready for the next day, so we could just get up and go. When we went down in the morning and got all the bikes, Katie decided to get a few more pumps in her back tire. For some reason the pump didn't work right and the air came all out. At this time Eric and I are trying ot rectify the the problem with the tire and Katie is outside with the boys and the other bikes. A short time later we hear Katie yell"Guys come quick!" Erik and myself run outside to find lil Johnny with his index and middle finger stuck in between the chain and where you pedal. He is screaming bloody murder and Curtis listening very well was sitting on the ground. Curtis was spinning the pedals when lil Johnny stuck his hand in. We got his fingers out and they were a little bruised. Then lil Johnny was still crying and I don't think this bike ride is going to be good. Katie decides to keep lil Johnny home and the rest of us went out. Curtis was a champ. We went around 28 ikilometers and there was no whinning. Other than Eric's complaining about his butt. In his defense it was his first time biking in about 10 years and he had to carry Curtis behind him. Not really a 1st bike ride you want right out of the gate.
The Bike ride was so fun along with everything else I got to do over here. Well this is it and i am leaving in two days. There is a lot more "Truth" to the past few weeks, but I am a slow typer and I've been on the computer for 90 minutes typing this, and it's now cost me 5 Euros and 40 cents! Hope it's worth it!

Big Johnny- OUT

No comments: