Friday, May 18, 2007

Little things people do....

Before I leave tomorrow, I wanted to post a great big THANK YOU, to all of our friends and family members who have helped us with the move. Our family has been a great help watching the kids for us here and there. My neighbor girls and high school babysitter have been LIFESAVERS for me almost every afternoon for the past few weeks so I could get packed up or have a cup of coffee by MYSELF!

All the little things that people do, stick out at times like this. When I look back on the last three weeks by myself with the boys, it makes me smile. Smile because New Prague is SUCH a great town with a lot of caring people and neighbors in it. Some examples are when the neighbors (more than one) have called up and said, "Come over for dinner". That makes my day- even if my kids are NOT "Dinner Party Material".

Two nights ago, my friend Rita came over. She had a bottle of wine. We sat around and talked. She does massages in town at the Fitness Center. She set up her table right in the middle of my living room. I took a LONG shower, then got an hour massage, and crawled off the table, and right into bed! It was one of the nicest things anyone has ever done for me! I was SO surprised and relaxed!

It's the little things like that, that make me smile every day living in New Prague. Those are also the things that I will miss most too! I'll miss my neighbors, friends, and family and wanted to take this opportunity to thank everyone for the little things they do! Bon Voyage!

1 comment:

Bailey said...

GLAD YOU MADE IT! Just think a few more months and you'll have another cousin to babysit for you while you go out and enjoy the town!! Hope the "honeymoon" phase lasts a long time...the best advice I got in Africa was from you in your email about the three phases and boy were you right!