Sunday, February 6, 2011

Curtis' Birthday

The week before Curtis' 7th Birthday I e-mailed Curtis' teacher and asked her what all the parents usually do for birthdays, since I was new to the school. She said to bring in his treat to lunch, have a special lunch with him, and they will celebrate the last 7 minutes of the lunch hour in the cafeteria. (Good thing I asked, as I was going to send it with him on the bus!) So, Johnny and I brought in Subway for the birthday boy, and had a nice lunch with Curtis. (Bubba was home with the neighbor lady, as he still had pneumonia! Thank GOODNESS for her!)
After I snapped the pic above of Curtis, I noticed kids giggling at us from the other side of the cafeteria. Lefty was making faces at all the older boys he knows from the ball park, and I had to capture it on film! He is SO excited to go to kindergarten next year and is SO ready by the looks of this pic!
Saturday came and the weather could NOT have been nicer! 65 and sunny! Who would have thought on Curtis' B-Day in January we would be doing an outside party! Only problem was the birthday boy was still wheezing and had to go on steroids to try to calm down his lungs! This made for a REALLY crabby and emotional Birthday Boy...and I felt bad for him! But, we trudged along, and decorated the deck....
Played games....
Ate cake...
Opened presents...
And hit the pinata!


When people ask how it went let me just say two things:

1. There was one point where Curtis was in the house crying because he was SO crabby and emotional from the medicine and got beat in musical chairs. We went to play football after that, and Johnny started crying b/c he dropped a pass, AND a kid from the party wandered into the woods and was eating the toilet paper roll! I just looked around and said to everyone- "OMG, HOW MUCH LONGER DO WE HAVE?"

2. From now on, Curtis will do a party with ONLY a friend or two at a Bob Cats game or something! The days of inviting all the boys in the class are OVER for this mom! (:

All in all, I think the boys had a good time...but this mom needed a spa day to recover! LOL!


No comments: