
Most of you know that I have a friend Lynne that I met in the Netherlands, who is my very best friend! She and I are so much alike, have had many of the same experiences moving across countries, and have kids the same ages. Now that Lynne is living in the States, we try to get together every couple of months as families or for a girls weekend. This weekend I flew to New Orleans for a girls weekend. Lynne lives in Baton Rouge, but with three little ones, doesn't get to the Big Easy very often. Here we are on Bourbon Street on Friday night. My favorite quote from the weekend was Lynne's reaction when we set foot on Bourbon for the first time, "Holy crap, this place is MENTAL!" I was fast to remind her it is very similar to the way I thought Amsterdam was when we lived there!

Saturday we hung out along the Mississippi, had some wonderful meals, Starbucks coffees, and shopped, shopped, shopped! I have so much fun when I'm with Lynne! On Saturday night, we were in her car, and she was humming a song. She turned and looked at me and asked if I had every heard that song before. I asked her what song it was, and she said, "It's called, Take Me Out to the Ballgame!" I was rolling with laughter and told her that I might have heard it once or twice before! Ha ha!

On Sunday we stayed in bed for a long time, rented Sex in the City II the movie, and watched it! We were getting ready to go up to the outlet malls for a few hours, before I had to catch my flight, when we got "THE CALL" from Lynne's husband. Her baby Ryan, had gotten his leg stuck on the slide at the park, and he was at the hospital, they think he broke it.
So, off we went up to Baton Rouge, just in time to see lil 'Ry with his splint on! Tomorrow he will get a full cast on up to the top of his leg. Poor Baby! He was NOT a happy camper, and we both felt terrible for him!
Lynne's hubby felt awful that this happened on his "watch." I was not going to let him off that easily. You see, on Saturday night his Facebook status read, "I'm not sure what Lynne always fusses about...watching three kids was a PIECE OF CAKE!" I had two words for Alan when I got to the hospital...."KARMA BABY!"
Can't wait to spend the week with Lynne and her family at Thanksgiving! I'm sure we'll have plenty of stories to blog about!
1 comment:
Poor little Ry, if nothing else at least he looked stunning in his kick butt outfit:)
Glad to hear you and Lynn had a mental time- LOL
Post a Comment