Most of you know my husband, Erik. I met him when I was a freshman in high school. He was a boy of many hobbies- Sports, fishing, hunting, hiking, baseball card collecting, traveler, etc. It's seventeen years later, and we have both changed a lot. At 15, I was a girl that had never been on an airplane, and was deathly afraid of getting on one. After a few years of being married to Erik, (and a couple of Valium pills later) I now have been all over the world on airplanes and LOVE traveling!
Erik has started a new hobby of his own since we've been married and had kids. One of his 'FAVORITE' hobbies is MOVING! (Note sarcasm in voice!) Not just moving across town...but moving to other countries/states! In June, we will have moved nine times in ten years. Curtis will have moved seven times and he's only six years old!
So, this week, we are in full move mode. Erik decided last week that he wanted to put the house on the market starting this past Monday. (Thanks for the week warning- BIG GUY!) So, we frantically have been cleaning and de-cluttering. We hired a neighbor lady who cleans houses on the side, and have been working very hard cleaning together with her. My house looks GREAT...just don't open up any cabinets or closets without proper head gear!
We put the house on the market and Erik conveniently went to North Carolina for work/new house inspection this week. We've had a lot of showings, and my kids have eaten WAY TOO MUCH fast food this week! Once the end of April arrives, and the tax credit ends, I'm sure the showings will slow down. Keeping my house immaculately clean for two weeks will be my limit!
So, the picture above tells a story to Erik...who I know is reading this blog from NC. On Monday night this past week, Erik woke me up to tell me that on Tuesday he scheduled the Realtor to come down, and the moving company to come do a survey. He said, "Don't worry Kate, it won't take long, and will be easy." Well, this is what happens when you walk the movers into the house for two minutes! Johnny and his friends were playing outside, and when I walked out...after ONLY a few minutes, I walked out to this! Super!
So, enjoy your last few hours in NC...and remember...Mother's Day is JUST AROUND THE CORNER! (:
Erik has started a new hobby of his own since we've been married and had kids. One of his 'FAVORITE' hobbies is MOVING! (Note sarcasm in voice!) Not just moving across town...but moving to other countries/states! In June, we will have moved nine times in ten years. Curtis will have moved seven times and he's only six years old!
So, this week, we are in full move mode. Erik decided last week that he wanted to put the house on the market starting this past Monday. (Thanks for the week warning- BIG GUY!) So, we frantically have been cleaning and de-cluttering. We hired a neighbor lady who cleans houses on the side, and have been working very hard cleaning together with her. My house looks GREAT...just don't open up any cabinets or closets without proper head gear!
We put the house on the market and Erik conveniently went to North Carolina for work/new house inspection this week. We've had a lot of showings, and my kids have eaten WAY TOO MUCH fast food this week! Once the end of April arrives, and the tax credit ends, I'm sure the showings will slow down. Keeping my house immaculately clean for two weeks will be my limit!
So, the picture above tells a story to Erik...who I know is reading this blog from NC. On Monday night this past week, Erik woke me up to tell me that on Tuesday he scheduled the Realtor to come down, and the moving company to come do a survey. He said, "Don't worry Kate, it won't take long, and will be easy." Well, this is what happens when you walk the movers into the house for two minutes! Johnny and his friends were playing outside, and when I walked out...after ONLY a few minutes, I walked out to this! Super!
So, enjoy your last few hours in NC...and remember...Mother's Day is JUST AROUND THE CORNER! (:
No comments:
Post a Comment