I'm sure you all have been gossiping that it's been a while since I've posted something good on my blog. Right? LOL! Anyways, I have many, many great blog ideas lately...but haven't had the time to sit down and write about them.
Everyone says things happen in three's...right? You all remember the puking at Christmas. Then there was the Florida trip where three of the five of us were sick. So, last weekend my best friend Lynne flew up here so we could have a quiet girls weekend before I start the house hunting grind again. We did just vacation in Florida together, but with my kids sick, we didn't get to spend as much time together as we would have liked. So, we went to Bloomington and got a hotel room, and shopped, ate, got massages, and SLEPT THROUGH THE NIGHT! We had such a GREAT time and were really enjoying ourselves. Until, Saturday night. We headed to the Mall of America to do some shopping in the evening and my wallet was stolen out of my purse. I have lived all over, and really have a hard time believing this happened to me, because I am so cautious about my purse. I can totally see this happening when I'm with my kids, and my purse is hanging off the back of my stroller and I'm chasing kids from here to there. It put a damper on the weekend, and I was quite ticked off as you can imagine! Mostly because we were leaving to go to the south to start house hunting for our BIG move. Being the best friend she is, Lynne said those thugs weren't going to get the best of us, and she ordered room service and the Blind Side back at the hotel for us. Made me feel MUCH better! Wish we lived closer to each other.
Everyone says things happen in three's...right? You all remember the puking at Christmas. Then there was the Florida trip where three of the five of us were sick. So, last weekend my best friend Lynne flew up here so we could have a quiet girls weekend before I start the house hunting grind again. We did just vacation in Florida together, but with my kids sick, we didn't get to spend as much time together as we would have liked. So, we went to Bloomington and got a hotel room, and shopped, ate, got massages, and SLEPT THROUGH THE NIGHT! We had such a GREAT time and were really enjoying ourselves. Until, Saturday night. We headed to the Mall of America to do some shopping in the evening and my wallet was stolen out of my purse. I have lived all over, and really have a hard time believing this happened to me, because I am so cautious about my purse. I can totally see this happening when I'm with my kids, and my purse is hanging off the back of my stroller and I'm chasing kids from here to there. It put a damper on the weekend, and I was quite ticked off as you can imagine! Mostly because we were leaving to go to the south to start house hunting for our BIG move. Being the best friend she is, Lynne said those thugs weren't going to get the best of us, and she ordered room service and the Blind Side back at the hotel for us. Made me feel MUCH better! Wish we lived closer to each other.
This spring break was the perfect time to make a trip to the south and start some house hunting, since our kids get a WHOOPING two weeks off for spring break this year. Once I got my new license applied for last Monday, and all the bank stuff squared away, then I had to shift gears and had less than 24 hours to pack for our trip.
We saw some really great houses and areas on our trip. In Ohio I only found one house I loved. In NC, I really loved many different houses. I can't wait to keep looking and at least I know what areas I want to focus on now. Who knows, maybe we'll place a low-ball offer on a house or two and see what happens after doing more research.
House hunting with three boys under the age of six in the car=
Lots of goofing around and collecting "Treasures" from yards,
Atta' a boy!
One night, we were hard up for something to do, and the kids were sick of the heat and parks. So, Erik took them to the Dollar Store and gave them a buck and told them to buy ANYTHING they wanted! This is BIG time when you are 4 and 6 years old. Curtis bought the two foot pencil he wanted at Disney a few weeks ago. He had to make sure he wrote his name on his note pad BEFORE we walked to the car, right outside the store. (So no one stole his pad.) Yes, the pad was a dollar too, and if Erik's company had a bail out...why couldn't Curtis at the Dollar Tree? Johnny bought an amazing ball...you know the kind from target or the grocery store that are in the BIG bins. The special thing about Johnny's ball from the dollar store wasn't only the bluish color...but also that half the air was out of the ball as well! What a FIND!
We really enjoyed the area, and I think it will be a nice fit for our family in the next few years. Everyone was SUPER friendly, and the houses were lovely. But, if you are trying to get a hold of me this summer and I seem HOT and CRABBY it's because of the heat, and the SLOW SERVICE in the south! Man I'm in for a rude awakening!
We really enjoyed the area, and I think it will be a nice fit for our family in the next few years. Everyone was SUPER friendly, and the houses were lovely. But, if you are trying to get a hold of me this summer and I seem HOT and CRABBY it's because of the heat, and the SLOW SERVICE in the south! Man I'm in for a rude awakening!
No comments:
Post a Comment