
There are two times in life when letter jackets are "Cool." The first one was back in the 90's when I met the "Man of My Dreams" and we would wear these out on dates together. (Awe!)
The second time is when I walked into the basement last week and my kids had found the jackets and thought they were SO cool. They were begging to wear them, and Johnny even asked if he could keep Erik's forever! Curtis is definitely the smarter of the two! He knows that MY jacket is the only one with STATE patches on it! I've definitely rubbed this into Erik's face this week as the kids have been playing with the jackets! (:

The kids had off on Friday, and it was foggy and rainy. So, we headed to the Mall of America to run a few errands and go on a few rides. My trips to the mall with all three kids are numbered before we move. So, I thought this would be fun! (For the record...I LOVE going places with all my kids. Call me crazy but I can't stand sitting in the house!)

Nickelodeon Theme Park.
Here's the Barn Yard roller coaster.
Backyardigans swings!
(I would be PUKING if I went on this ride!)
Swiper the Fox's Car

Friday night was the boys basketball play-off game. My boys have really loved going to games this year. They love all the players, but one particular one most. His mom brought down these t-shirts for the boys during a game a few weeks ago! Here they are wearing then with pride! (Notice all the empty seats behind us...it's because we HAVE to get there SUPER early! LOL!)

I'll really miss the small town living in some aspects. Friday night games are a PACKED HOUSE...with standing room only!

While we were waiting for the game to start. (We needed to be there really early to watch warm-ups and to get our spot behind the bench.) The baseball coach came up and put a Trojan's hat on Curtis and said, "Now Curtis is a REAL Trojan Fan!" This community is just the BEST! (We already had a hat for Johnny.)


Johnny looking at the trophy case after the game.
Most nights, after the game, the boys stick around and slap all the players hands as they come up from the locker room.
Two things about this:
1. I don't mind them doing this. These high school players are much better role models then most of the NBA players. I LOVE that the boys look up to them!
2. I kind of hide around the corner of a pillar waiting for the kids to do their high-fives. My father always told me I could NOT wait for a boy outside of a locker room. After games at Central, I would go home, and Erik would have to meet me there, because my dad did NOT want me hanging around the locker room. I still have that mentality and feel SO stupid waiting for the players. Do I have issues or WHAT?

Neighborhood hockey game!
This kept the kids busy for over an hour!
Trying to soak up everything this community has to offer for the next few months...because we will REALLY miss living in Minnesota!
3 comments:
What were those girls called that waited outside the locker room??? Something sniffers.....LOL
I was going to post that...but thought at the ripe age of 32 I might get scolded for using that "talk" on my blog! LOL!
I remember watching you play at state... somewhere I have a picture of you and I in Madison together. Ahhhh memories!
Post a Comment