Monday, February 22, 2010

What's New?

Hmmmmm, what's new? Let's see if I can think of anything? Well, Erik resigned from his job today after accepting a new job in Ohio. I went to Ohio last weekend and looked at about 30 houses in person, and 170 on-line in the past few weeks. I found a great house, put an offer in, and they accepted it. (All this while Erik was back in MN with the kids!) We leave for vacation for a week, and then when we come back Erik moves, and I follow shortly afterwards! The end of the "forty days of lent" are sneaking up WAY TOO QUICKLY!

I'm excited about the move, but will miss our town terribly! There is NOTHING I didn't like about MN (Besides the LONG WINTERS). The people here are the nicest you've ever met, my neighbors are the BEST, and the town was perfect! Oh, did I mention my sister lived about a mile from me? That rocked too!

Since we've moved ten times in the past eleven years, six of them being across the county or to another country,you must be wondering...WHY ANOTHER MOVE! Here's the two basic reasons; Erik had a long commute time to work every day, and with his long hours, it made for very little family time during the week. He missed out on most soccer games, concerts, and activities with the kids. Our new house is 7 minutes from work, and will allow us to be together as a family during the week again. He also is going to a much larger, stable company! If he stays where he is at, a move to NYC would be in our future. Been there, done that, and NOT going back!

I think this will be a good move...but have spent many, many nights going over it in my head. I hope things go smoothly and the kids adjust well, as they have in the past. We bought a house with enough room for guests to come and stay comfortably. Hint, hint, wink, wink, nudge, nudge! Wish us LUCK as we embark on this new adventure! I'll keep you posted!

2 comments:

Katie said...

Congrats! I know all too well the anxiety that goes into moving your family... you'll have to let me know your secrets as to what works since you'll be doing it a few months before me. GOOD LUCK... you'll be in my prayers!

AnnMarie & Nick said...

SO MUCH GOOD NEWS!