Monday, February 1, 2010

Turkey Dinner

The grocery store in our town gives away free turkey's in November for Thanksgiving, if you earn enough stamps. I know it's hard for all of you to believe that I have pretty hefty grocery bill, but I do. I had already earned a few turkey's and did not have anymore room in my fridge. So, I gave Kyle my left over turkey card and he was going to combine it with HIS card, and get an extra turkey to keep in their fridge. In January, it came out that he never turned the card in to the store. So, he called me up and told me that if I worked my "magic" with the managers at the store, and weaseled out a free turkey, he'd cook me a meal! A meal that I don't have to cook= GAME ON!

After all the drama that unfolded back when my kids were sick a few weeks ago, how could the manager possibly say "No" to me? So, I went in to the store, and told them the truth. I told them that I had NO problem asking for the free turkey 2 months later, because I'd do anything to get someone to cook me a meal! They were all laughing and gladly handed a 23 lb turkey over to me for free! Above is Kyle enjoying his dinner! He paid up VERY quickly and it was delicious!
Meredith and Andrew enjoying it too!
Megan was nice enough to decorate her house and made cupcakes to celebrate Curtis' 6th Birthday!
The Turkey!
One word, "YUMMO!"

Even little Andy was loving it!
Just can't get over how BIG he is getting SO FAST!Today was "Wacky Tacky" day at school.
There was one four year old who thought he was pretty dang cool!

2 comments:

AnnMarie & Nick said...

Vikings Jersey= Tacky Tuesday, good work teaching your kid young:)

Megan LOVES ice cream cupcakes. She use to bring these for her birthday every year. I remember Mom always trying to figure out what to put them in so they would make it to school without tipping over.

obcm35 said...

That turkey looks delish---I want Kyle's recipe!!