I lied...Maybe Erik!
Yesterday, I was talking about my Grandma Nita and how she's not feeling well. A few minutes later, I see Curtis turn around at the dinner table and in the reflection on the patio door, I see him do the sign of the cross. Then about 30 seconds later, I see him do it again. He turned around and I asked what he did? He said, "I just said the HOLY MOTHER for Grandma Nita. Oh, I mean the Hail Mary! I said a prayer because I want her to feel better!"
So, I made a BIG deal about how great it was that he said a prayer and no one needed to tell him to do it. I told him that means he's getting older. Then, Johnny looks at me from across the table and does the sign of the cross as FAST as he can. He tells me one split second later in his loud, deep, raspy voice, "I just said a prayer for Charlie Weis, that he has a better year next year!" (The Notre Dame football coach that just got fired!)
Gotta LOVE little Johnny!
So, I made a BIG deal about how great it was that he said a prayer and no one needed to tell him to do it. I told him that means he's getting older. Then, Johnny looks at me from across the table and does the sign of the cross as FAST as he can. He tells me one split second later in his loud, deep, raspy voice, "I just said a prayer for Charlie Weis, that he has a better year next year!" (The Notre Dame football coach that just got fired!)
Gotta LOVE little Johnny!
2 comments:
Finally, your blog updates are showing up on my blog!
So, do you remember anyone else in the family who was as obsessed with ND as your kid is? haha I had a necklace and prayed at the grotto in Elm Grove every day! lol.....weird-o!!!! I suddenly relate to Johnny so much more :)
Post a Comment