Sunday, August 31, 2008
Latest News...
I've had better blogging days. I'm falling behind for one reason and it's baby number three. I feel great- MUCH better than when I was pregnant with Johnny. But, now that we are heading towards the end, ANY free time I have I'm either nesting or lying down. Which, put my blogging on the back burner. Every night I intend to do it, and every night I'm too tired. So, now that we have our new phones, cable, wireless, ect., it should be easier!
BLOCK PARTY: Last Sunday we had our annual neighborhood block party for our culd-a-sac. It was a blast with the slip-n'-slide being the high light for Curtis (below) and Johnny(above). We LOVE our neighborhood and couldn't ask for better people to live by! Great time had by all!
THE MOVE: See these two lovely people below? This is my sister Megan and her husband Kyle. They lived in our house the past year and a half to take care of it for us. When we found out the good news that we were going to stay in the States, that suddenly made them "homeless." So, the house hunting ramped up, and they bought a GREAT house 1.5 miles away from me! Can you believe that? I was on cloud nine when they told us! (OK, I won't lie, I STILL AM SO EXCITED!) But, to add to that news, Megan is also expecting her 1st baby in March! The first trimester is over, and now the fun can begin for them! We are SO excited to be near them!
Curtis on the other hand, is sad to see Megan and all her "princess dresses" make the move across town. I found him in Megan's room a few weeks ago with her tube top and bra on! No WONDER they wanted to get the "heck" outta here!
THE PLUNGE: It's official....I did it. I went from a "Cool Mom" (At least that's what I thought of myself) to one of "those" moms. I bought a mini-van. Yes, the nesting stage has begun. Erik and I have been looking at cars, on-line and in the paper. This week, I started to get nervous. I'm 32 weeks pregnant, and with Johnny I went on bed rest at 33 weeks. So, I got the itch to get the job done. I needed a car that would hold all three of my kids, and their car seats. Our neighbors next door got a 2008 Dodge Grand Caravan and love it. I really liked it too. (For a minivan.) So, I copied them, and on Friday while Erik was at work, I found myself at the dealer, sealing the deal! Now, when I take Curtis to soccer with a coffee in my hand, and a lawn chair around my shoulder, driving my mini van, I will fit in!

JOHNNY'S BIRTHDAY: On September 3rd, Johnny will be three. We celebrated this weekend while my parents were in New Prague helping Megan and Kyle get settled. It's hard to believe that the kid who cried "ALL DAY LONG" and was the "CRABBIEST BABY EVER", is a sweet, loving three year old, who enjoys animals, our yard, fishing, and snuggling! Happy Golden Birthday Johnny!


Curtis told me when he went to bed that "Today was his LUCKY day." It's his lucky day, because when you are 4, there is nothing harder than watching your brother get lots of presents. My cousin Chad, (Curtis's Godfather) came through BIG TIME. He sent a present for Curtis with a Notre Dame Football and Football Shirt. Curtis wore it ALL day in 90 degree weather. The ball slept on his dresser in his room so no "robbers" stole it. Thanks Chad...it was the perfect gift!
There you have it- our two week wrap up. School starts this week, and I never could understand when my mom use to say she was READY for it to start. Well, folks, I'm READY and so are the boys! Happy Labor Day everyone!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Well it's about freakin' time you update this thing- just kidding I know you are tired. I love seeing prego pics of you. Sweet car and way to make some cute kids- keep the good work up!
Post a Comment