Sunday, August 10, 2008

Journey's End

It's official- we are all U.S. citizens again! Erik arrived back in the States around noon on Saturday! The boys had signs (I Love U Daddy!) and American flags to wave at the airport. I of course was ready with my camera. As we got off the elevator and were walking towards the gate to get him, he was already out and walking towards us. The boys went CRAZY and kept saying, "Daddy, are you home for GOOD now?" In all the commotion of his early arrival, I didn't capture any pictures. But, it will always be a moment that I will remember vividly!

As for the move, it went very smoothly. Erik had a lot to organize, but it couldn't have gone off better. The movers came last Monday and Tuesday, and packed up the apartment. (It is being shipped back on a boat.) On Thursday, the apartment was cleaned, and by Friday morning Erik had checked out with the landlord. Friday night, Erik stayed with my good friend Lynne and her husband Alan. Erik and Alan went out for a few drinks Friday night on the beach one last time. Saturday morning Alan drove Erik to the airport, and everything was running 45 minutes early. The move could not have gone smoother, especially with 6 weeks to pull it off! Now we have 2 1/2 months to get settled and organized before baby #3 arrives! I can't tell you how good it feels to have everyone HOME!

No comments: