Sunday, October 21, 2007

The Disney Experience

We just got back from five days at Disney in Paris, France. We left on Wednesday morning and were in the car, ready to go at 8am. Our expected arrival time was noon. The trip started out with Erik ripping on me, because I went the Euro Store (Dollar Store) and bought "too much crap" for the trip. I was just anticipating having to entertain the kids for four hours or more. Plus, who wouldn't want a googly eyeball that lights up, or a slinky with slime on the ends?

When we got into Belgium, we were stuck in the biggest traffic jam of our lives. (This is after traveling through Chicago, to get home from Indiana, for five years!) Two semi trucks collided 10 miles ahead of us. They erupted into flames and burnt the highway and we were unable to travel on it. It was such a mess, that we were stuck on the highway for NINE hours! (Whose making fun of the dollar store now!)

We were STUCK, and not moving at all. It was horrible! Erik and I were SO crabby and the kids held up better than we did. There was NO where to go to the bathroom, and nothing to do because it was raining out. The trip finally ended after I had to go to the bathroom in the kids sippy cup twice, Curtis wet his pants once, Erik and I were ready to throw Johnny out the car window, and ready to get a divorce! (:

The rest of the trip was WONDERFUL! Weather was great, about upper 50's and sunny. The kids were at great ages to visit Disney. Erik was WAY into the free food at the breakfast buffets. It was the fastest I ever saw him get out of bed in the morning. I was WAY into being the first person in the park and enjoying it for 2-3 hours before it got crowded. The kids loved the hotel and the pool! It's a trip I'd take again in an instant and will never forget!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Christa and I were on our way home from visiting Erin in KY when we were going through the worst area of Indiana and the boys had to go to the bathroom...Christa told them to suck it up and go in the McDonalds cups that were in the car...thank god the had aim!

Life's A Journey... said...

Hey, ya gotta do, what ya gotta do! (:

Megan said...

Johnny REALLY looks like Curtis in a few picturs. I've never thought that before :)

Erik said...

I changed Johnny's diaper today and it smelled kind of like stinky pete.

Joshua Duncan said...

i can't even imagine being stuck in traffic that long. i think we would have left the car and walked home.

smb said...

Thanks for showing "my baby" the REAL world! And she thought Madison was progressive! I know Bailey had a great time...thanks for sharing a bit of home with her.

Bailey B's (soccer) Mom