Today was a day I thought would NEVER come. My 30th Birthday! I remember when my mom turned 30, we decorated the yard in "Over the Hill" stuff. 30 was SO old! Then when my cousin Theresa turned 30- I remember thinking, MAN that sounds old! Erik turned 30 a few years ago. I gave him SO much crap (AND his friends)- because 30 was OLD! Now, today I'm thirty....and I can't believe how YOUNG thirty is!
We had a great day. It started bright and early with Curtis going under the bed to find the present he "hid" from me. (He must have told me what it was, and where it was hidden 30 times this week.) We went to lunch at a mom's house from Curtis' class. All the mom's there were British- and they will take ANY excuse to party...so they broke open bubbly at noon! I ran the kids butts off this afternoon- and they were asleep by 6pm. Now my friend Lynn is headed over with take-out and wine! We will sit and enjoy it, and the sunset this evening has brought! (Picture above) It was a great day...and I now think 50 is young!
Thanks to all for the cards, messages, and e-mails! You made my day extra special!
4 comments:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY RINKER MAMA!!
Glad to hear you had a fun day :)
Glad to hear you had a good day! Happy 30th again :)
Man, 30 was when I brought sexy back so tell Leaver to watch out, we don't need any Dutch children...
Hey cuz! I couldnt get to a computer until now but I just wanted to let you know that I was thinking about ya on your bday! Glad it turned out well and you were able to enjoy it...we will for SURE celebrate again when I come in a few weeks. MUCH LOVE!
Post a Comment