Our January has been off to a good start. The weather down here, just like in most places in the US, is unseasonably warm. You won't find us complaining! The boys are outside all the time, taking advantage of this weather...because we know what lies ahead for us in June/July/August!
Andy LOVES his new football from his Godfather!

New Years Eve was WILD and CRAZY at our house!
We made omelette's in a bag and even added some CHEESE to it to really get rowdy!

Then we had a campfire and roasted marshmallows!
The night ended with glow sticks in the bath tub with all the lights out!
I told you it was wild and crazy!
I spent a good portion of the weekend going through boxes I found in the garage of old photos and letters from high school and college. What a walk down memory lane! (I am on the far right side of the picture!) The boys got a good chuckle out of this and many other photos!
Johnny's room parent sent this picture of his class at school.
I'm sharing it because I want to have it in his book for when he's older!

Bubba has been playing a LOT of basketball!
Besides playing with cars, this is the other love in his life.
(Next to his Mama, of course!)

We got all geared up for the LSU game...
Wish it would have been a better game!
Thanks to Lynne for "gearing" up our family!
Andy had his first basketball game at the YMCA. As you can tell from the photo above, he is REALLY into what the coach is talking about! (Kid in the middle with yellow shirt on under uni).
He was so proud to be playing in his OWN game! The league is for 3-5 year olds. The coach asked him if he was four, and he responded, "No, I'm three, but I can still crush all of them!" I just about fell off my chair! He comes up with the FUNNIEST things!
Speaking of funny things...here is what Curtis and Johnny looked like while WATCHING Andy's basketball game. Like they are THAT much better than him! Johnny went to the bathroom three times in 45 minutes. I thought he was going to wet himself laughing! 
Finally, a friend gave us this fun airplane for our backyard. As you can see, the boys love it, as do the neighbor kids! It makes for a GREAT "Home Base" when they are playing spy and get caught by the adults! All in all, the past few weeks have flown by. I have been terrible at updating my blog. As the kids get older, we are not at home as much as we were when they were babies. It's been hard to find time to sit down and actually post. I'm going to try to be better about it, as I really love having this "journal" for my kids.
No comments:
Post a Comment