Saturday, September 12, 2009

Johnny's Birthday...The Final Chapter!

Ok, first things first. The boys LOVE basketball. My dad made my deck like a giant playpen a few years ago. It's been great for when I'm trying to make dinner or clean up, and I need to keep an eye on the baby. Andrew is SO into b-ball with his brothers! I LOVE it!
With both boys at school three days a week, I have a little helper on my hands!
Here Andrew is playing before the big party in his pj's!
Johnny had his 4th Birthday party with his friends today. I probably wouldn't do a 4th party with friends. But, when we lived in Europe, Curtis had one, b/c we had no family to celebrate with and that's what they did over there. So, fair is fair! Here are the party goers wearing the visors that they made!
I'm not going to sugar coat the party. I was SO excited, and did all the preparations, made games, cleaned, and stayed up late making sure we were organized. The first 10 minutes of the party, my two older kids, ended up in time-outs b/c they didn't win at games and were poor sports. Game two starts, and Johnny made it through it. Game three, Johnny had to be carried up-stairs b/c he was going crazy that he didn't pin the basketball RIGHT in the hoop. Game 4, and Johnny won the first round of the egg race, and lost the second. He tightened his legs, and was going CRAZY screaming that everyone was cheaters!! Soooooooo, back up to his room goes the birthday boy! Game 5, Johnny sat out. Johnny also missed half of lunch! I think he was in his room 45 out of the first 60 minutes! It was driving me BATTY! Thank goodness for Megan and Kyle here to help AND to help me laugh about it! (Above are the best behaved party goers related to me....Andrew and little Miss Meredith!)
Andrew loving Meredith, as usual! Who doesn't?
Finally, the birthday boy regained control and was able to join us for the song and presents. (Smart kid!)
Johnny was VERY excited opening his presents!

Then it was time for pinata! Each kid took about a million swings at it, and nothing was happening. I had Kyle swing a few times to loosen it up. Still wasn't budging. So, Erik took a shot. Just look at the determination on his face! This was ONE tough pinata!
It still didn't' break, but the holder did. So, Erik ended up just hitting it on the ground and splitting it open for the kids! Boy, from the tantrums, to the pinata.....Erik and I need the date we are going on tonight!

On another note....now that Curtis is at Kindergarten all day....I get entertained by Johnny all day. (Usually he is well behaved and nice!) Here are some videos of two things that NEVER get old. His magic trick I see about 20 times a day, and his animal talking voice that he does the other half of the day when he plays in his room! Enjoy!

2 comments:

Mrs. Lauer said...

I LOVE your stories! Too much fun ~

AnnMarie & Nick said...

Looks like the party was a hit! Good pictures and stories- Happy Birthday Johnny!