A little over a year ago the kids and I left Holland for a month vacation to the good ole' USA! Little did we know we would be moving back to the States for good. I never got to say goodbye to anyone and neither did the kids. Two weeks ago, my best friend Lynne, moved to Baton Rouge, LA. She and the kids flew up for the week and we got to see each other again. it was SO nice. The kids were SO excited to see each other...in her words they were "Mental!" I would label them just plain "CRAZY!" (Above are the kids and Lynne on the first night at bedtime!)
We picked her up at the airport at 4:30 and the kids were so excited and wanted to sleep together! We thought it was a good idea....

Until about 9pm rolled around. Erik told us to go talk and he'd take care of them and tell stories. Well, the story hour, ended up sounded more like "Happy Hour" to us! Finally, it was 9:20 and it was OUT OF CONTROL! I ran up there, and there was NO Erik in the kids room. Just the kids having the time of their lives! Erik was rocking the baby, who was woken up with all the laughing and shouting! Needless to say, the kids were split up from that moment on....for the rest of the week at bedtime! We weren't stupid enough to try it again!

Here I am asking what they think of American food! Emma gave it a thumbs down....and by Wednesday, was puking when she woke up! I think it didn't agree with her tummy!
Callum had never had peanut butter and LOVED it! He ate PB on toast, PB&J, Peanut Butter Captain Crunch, PB Granola bars, and Reese's! Lynne bit into a Reese's and said, "YUCK, what is it with you Americans and PB!"
LOL! I can't wait to start stocking up on PB snacks to bring down for
Callum when I visit in August!

Andrew loved the action...even though his daddy calls him a little GIRL in this hat!

Lynne is due to have a baby in 4 weeks! Emma and
Callum were loving Andrew! Here's my new helper! She fed him lunch for me!

Most of it got in the mouth!

I scheduled my kids to go to an "All Sports" camp back in April. It happened to be this week. After Sunday night's episode and the kids being "Mental" Lynne had me sign up her kids too! It was great! They all loved it, and we had just Andrew from 1-4pm every day!

Lynne wasn't sure if her kids would go to camp, because of all the change they've had the past 3 weeks. But, from the pictures, you can see they had a great time! I think Emma fancied the coach! LOOK at the smile! (They are the boy and girl smiling at the coach!)

Here all four kiddos are with their Merit Awards on the last day of camp!

Lynne and Curtis! Can you believe she is due in four weeks from tomorrow!? She doesn't have a car, house, shipments, license, schools, etc! She is going to be "Mental" these next few weeks! Wish I could help her more! I'll be flying down to help watch the kids and take them to school when she is in the hospital.

This was the "Last Supper." They had to stay up for the Disney Channel's
premiere of Wizards on Deck with Hannah Montana! Disney "hooked" them already! Lynne's hubby called and would talk to the kids on the phone and say they sounded American already! I told him- "You just WAIT!"

How cute is she? On Monday morning, Lynne told me she only brought Crocs for her kids. So, I had to take Emma out to get a pair of cheap tennis shoes for the camp! Only thing I wasn't prepared for....how PICKY girls are! Too loose, too tight, arch hurts, not pretty enough, don't like purple, only like pink, etc! I was dying and Lynne was laughing at me when I told the story! I finally got three pairs of the same shoe and told her to try on one, then the next, and finally the last one felt good enough! How did my mom do it! My boys could give two sh*ts when I go with them!

100% all boy! The beginning of the week, Lynne sent him to camp with cargo shorts and a polo shirt on! I was dying! Finally, I told her he needed some "American" clothes! So, she went out and got him some t-shirts and mesh shorts! My dad gave him a Logan hat. One day at camp, we went to pick him up. His shorts were to his ankles, and his hat on crooked. I told Lynne all he needed was the limp walk and he'd fit right in!

Saying goodbye before leaving for the airport!

It was a great week...but we are already counting down the months until Lynne is done nursing and we can go to NYC with JUST US! Next up will be Disney World in February! We are all meeting down there! I'm sure it will be "Mental" but fun!

On a side note....we got into the car on the way to the airport and Lynne told me she's never seen a messier car! I washed,
vacuumed, and cleaned it out before I picked her up! I was dying and said-" Who's kid spilled the bag of Goldfish?? " This was only the floor in the backseat! Can you imagine what I'll be cleaning today!
LOL!
1 comment:
Hi Katie! It looks like you guys had so much fun. I was just at Disney World. You guys will have a blast! SO many fun things to do!
Post a Comment