Born on Sunday, November 2nd, 2008
8lbs.1oz.
Well, it's finally OVER! On Sunday, I went into the hospital for an induction. The first few hours in the hospital were spent with me getting an antibiotic drip, since I had the "Strep B" virus. Then at 11am, they started the pitosin. At this time, I was already at 4.5 centimeters dilated. Once the pitosin started, it went pretty quickly. By 2:45 I was ready to push. They called the doctor, and 7 pushes later, Andrew entered the world!
Everything went REALLY well, and we couldn't have had a better experience! I LOVED the nurse that delivered the baby! If I could take her home, I would! She also worked the night shift and gave me MUCH needed sleep on my last night in the hospital. I was the ONLY person on the entire floor- so I had my own wing and I was spoiled!
Today, it's back home, after stopping to vote. Now the "fun" begins. Erik's home all week to help me. So, I'll just try to do some bonding and resting, before the REAL fun begins on my own next week! I'm SO glad that it's all over, and every one's healthy!
5 comments:
YAY! Welcome to the world, Andrew. Glad everyone is happy and healthy :) Thanks for posting so fast!!!!
The wait is finally over. Glad that everyone is happy and healthy. God Bless!! The Farmer
Welcome Baby Andrew, the boys think they have a new brother (they don't yet understand the cousin concept)! If you look as cute as you do in the pictures I just might have to eat you up when I see you!!!
You know how Mom likes to wear sunglasses on her head like it is a headband (notice picture)? Geremu now tries to wear his sunglasses on his head too. It's kind of annoying (but sort of funny) because they don't want to stay up there and he gets mad at them. Frankly, I don't think Gere needs a headband anyways, his hair isn't even in his face.
Congrats to the Leaver fam! Wow Katie, you must really have it together...three boys and posting to your blog the day you get home. You are amazing! I don't think I even brushed my teeth for days after I got home. Calm, cool, and collected, right?
Post a Comment