Favorite Weekend of the Year!

Last week I blogged about poison control and Johnny. This week, on Thursday night, I found myself in the emergency room with Curtis. He was sweeping the deck off for me, and got a small piece of metal stuck in his eye. (I'm talking RIGHT in his eye!) This happened exactly as I was putting dinner on the table. First we had to make a stop at Aunt Megan's house, to drop off Johnny. Then it was on to the ER. When we got back to the doctor, they all loved my shirt (above) and were extra nice to us! (Thank goodness....because it could have gone the opposite way!) The doctor and nurse were great, and got the metal out with a needle. I can take a lot, but seeing a needle go into your child's eye, was more than enough to gross me out! When they found out I had two boys, and was having another, the doctor told me I should buy stock in bubble wrap, and pretty much wrap my kids in it all day! If I want to stay out of the ER!
On Friday, Johnny went to his first day of preschool. Here he is on the way out of the house! The teacher was talking about the "music room" where they would go and sing and dance. Johnny announced to everyone that he ONLY likes to sing and dance to "Sugarland!" What kind of parent am I?
So, yesterday was my FAVORITE weekend of the year- College Football Kick-Off! There is NO place in the world like living in South Bend, Indiana and being on and around campus for the football season. Since we couldn't make the trek to South Bend, we went for the next best thing- St. John's University! Erik played football at SJU in college, so it was the perfect place to kick off the season! The weather was sunny and 65 degrees- PERFECT! Curtis laid out his ND shirt and football because he couldn't wait to wear it to SJU! Here he is in the car on the way up!
Johnny is very hard to capture on film these days, NOT being goofy!
We got to campus, and Erik took the boys to the lake to play football, while I hit up the bookstore. Then we met Erik's old roommate and his family at the dining hall for lunch before the game. I'm not sure what Erik was more excited about- the game or the dining hall meal! The boys loved it too!
Finally, it was on to the game. It was the closest game I've ever been to at SJU, but, they pulled it off at the end!
Here are the "Three Amigo's"- Johnny, Curtis, and Colin. (Erik's roommate's child.)
By the end of the game, the boys couldn't stop tackling each other, like the BIG guys on the field!
It was a great day on campus! It's so nice to be back in the USA for the REAL football season this year!
2 comments:
Great post with pictures. Looks like the boys had a great time at the game. After seeing your boys tackle I'm a little afraid to take G-Unit to a game, he hasn't even been introduced to football but feels the need to tackle people random people.
LOVE THE PICS! Way to celebrate fall in true American style :) I love it!
Post a Comment