Tuesday, May 20, 2008

On the Mend...



It's been quite the roller coaster for me the past week and a half. Last I up-dated, Curtis and Johnny were sick with bronchitis. Well, last Friday, Curtis still had a 104 degree temp, and I took him in (AGAIN) and it developed into pneumonia. So, this weekend was a scary one for me, mostly because I'm in a foreign country. On Saturday night I had called my mom crying, and called Children's Hospital ER three times. I was pretty sure Curtis was dying! Finally, at midnight, Erik told me I needed to just get some sleep and go to the spare room and he'd wake me if Curtis needed me. Well, after a good night sleep, when morning rolled around, we all felt better. Since then, Curtis's fever has gotten lower. The past two days he hasn't had a fever at all and started picking fights again. So, he's doing MUCH better! Thank GOODNESS! Like I've said before, I didn't know when I became a mother, that you worry so much, when your kids are sick. Erik thinks I worry much more than the average person. Can YOU believe THAT?????
Now that we are recovering, hopefully we'll be able to get out of the house in a few more days. We are going STIR crazy in an apartment! Just a few more weeks until we visit the USA. I am looking SO forward to it! So are the boys!
(The pictures above, are of the boys with their bug vacuums. They have been wanting these things, and when Curtis wouldn't take his meds or inhalers, I had to bribe him! So, they got them and are LOVING them! Boys and bugs is something I'll never understand!)

2 comments:

Bailey said...

GREAT NEWS!

AnnMarie & Nick said...

I can't believe that you worry at all, that is so unlike you. I love the bug sucker idea, I even want one:)