Friday, May 30, 2008

International Day

Curtis at school with two of his four teachers.
On the WAY out the door, he was up at 6:00am to get dressed! He thought he looked SO cool today! LOL

Curtis in the Parade at school. Do we have a future politician on our hands?
Had to take this picture of the principal from behind. So different from the USA. She is dressed up for International Day. Notice the Advertisement on the back of her outfit- Palm BEER! I was DYING!
The assembly.
Curtis and his friends from Ireland and Scotland!
Curtis and one of his favorite girls in the class!

Today was International Day at the British School. Curtis has been dying for this day to come. He was SO excited to wear American Flag shorts and an American shirt. (He is very proud to be from America.) All the kids dressed up from different countries. There was a parade, and an assembly with singing on the playground. Then, each child had to bring in a food from their home country to share with the class. I struggled with what to bring in from America. No peanut products were allowed, and many kids can't have beef, pork, or meat. (That leaves out PB&J, Ants on a Log, hot dogs, hamburgers, ect!) So, I just went the easy route, with something I knew the kids would eat- Rice Krispie Treats. They don't have them here in Holland. What a fun day with lots of memories for Curtis!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

HA HA HA! That is hilarious!

Bailey said...

SO CUTE! Cannot wait to see you guys again soon in the greatest country EVER :) hahaha...way to rep. Curtis!!!

Anonymous said...

Where is Pam beer from??

AnnMarie & Nick said...

Cute pictures, instead of the baggy American flag shorts I think Curtis should have worn his tight American star swim spandexs.

AnnMarie & Nick said...

Am I the only person out here that can't sleep at night- GIVE ME MY KID ALREADY!

Life's A Journey... said...

Paddy- It's Palm Beer, and it's from Belgium! I think you need a trip over to experience it for yourself!(: