Saturday, June 2, 2012

Growing Up

It's been quite a long time since I last blogged.  I'm not at home as much these days as I'm running the boys from activity to activity. That leaves very little time to sit down and blog as much as I once did.  Blogger just changed the way to blog and upload pictures, and it seems MUCH quicker. Maybe that will help me to stay on top of thing from now on.

 Curtis seems to be getting SO old to me.  He made the summer bball team and is having fun with his friends.  They have practice every Friday night and Saturday morning, so sleepovers will be a popular thing this summer.  Think back and remember the days when getting an A&W Rootbeer was the best, and shaving your head with your number in the back was cool!  That's just about where he's at!  Above is Curtis and his friend from last nights CVS run to get some soda, a movie, and and junk food before they hunkered down for the night.
 Curtis made his First Communion back the second weekend in May.  His godparents both came down for the BIG DAY.  Chad was in Africa during his Baptism, and missed it, so it was really special to have them both here together.
 Curtis was so excited and felt VERY special all weekend!
 My sister Megan made Curtis' banner that hung in the lobby of church.  He chose the shamrock and the celtic cross.  She did the rest.  She used material from the boxes of material that my grandma Curtis gave her about two years ago.  It was a VERY special keepsake, that we will treasure.
 Everyone but Erik and Bubba went to church early to get seats for mass.  Erik and Bubba were suppose to show up about 10 minutes early so he didn't get restless.  Mass was starting and they still weren't there.  I texted Erik and he said that he "Accidently" hit Chad's car while he was backing out of the driveway.  He said he doesn't think it did much damage, but we could assess it later.  Finally, Erik came into church, and he was holding a VERY upset Bubba.  We all wondered what happened.  Story goes, that when they got to church, Erik told Bubba to run, and he ran and fell.  He skinned his elbow bad.  Erik comes into church with a first aid kit, and started working on him.  He opened some first aid ointment that totally started to smell up the pew.  I'm wondering what the people behind us thought.  Finally, to top it off, after Bubba was all bandaged up, Erik pulls out a band aid and starts rubbing the gel on his finger and bandaging himself up.  Let's just say we were a TOTAL freak show!  Gotta love Erik!
 Curtis was VERY proud to have chosen to read at church. 
 599 kids made their communion that day.  (In three masses...we go to the biggest Catholic Church in the nation).
 The moment we all were waiting for!
 One proud boy! 
Afterwards we went out to brunch.  We still had not taken any family pics, and I told the boys NOT to change until after I got home and we got a family shot.  When Megan, Chad, Huyen, and I all pulled up to the house...literally three minutes after all my boys....4/4 of them had changed out of their clothes and into gym shorts, etc!  NO CHANCE of me winning that battle! Boys will be boys!

No comments: