Two weeks ago, I met my friend Lynne in Chicago for our annual girls weekend. (She has a list of cities she wants to see while she lives in the US and Chicago was in the top three). If you remember correctly, two years ago on our girls weekend my wallet was stolen. Last year her one year old son broke his leg. I was praying that this weekend would go off without a hitch and it did! FINALLY we had a nice relaxing time together!

We flew in on Thursday night, and after a good nights sleep, we had a little coffee and did some shopping. For lunch we met my cousin Kelle who I haven't seen in 6+ years for lunch! Was SO nice to catch up with her and meet her new little baby girl, Emma!

Emma whispered in my ear that I was her FAVORITE second cousin!

Seriously, isn't she ADORABLE?
Lynne and I can shop all day and NEVER get sick of it! We shopped a total of 6 blocks in two full days. ( 12 hours Friday and 9.5 hours in Saturday). It was SO nice to try on shoes/clothes without little boys rolling their eyes, breathing hard like they are dying, or acting like idiots in a changing room! (BTW- here we are on another vacation, and we are caught in the same outfits. NOT planned or bought together! That's how you know that you were meant to be BFF''s).
After all that shopping, we decided it was time to get "Wild and Crazy!" So, I went and got my ears pierced. (First hole). I know, I know....this is just too much excitement for y'all to handle in one blog post!
We shopped more and walked around Michigan Ave. all day. Once I got back to the hotel I was taking everything out of my bags, and never realized what the bag I carried around all day said. We were dying of laughter! 
Finally, it was one last Starbucks before getting on the "L" and heading back to the airport!
Great vacation and as always it went WAY too fast!
No comments:
Post a Comment