Monday, January 4, 2010

My Christmas Vacation

As I wrote before, this winter break has gone the opposite way as I had planned. After the Christmas sicknesses, we had a few days at home to recoup. Finally everyone seemed better. So, on Monday, we went to the MN zoo as a family and had a great time. It was fun to see Andrew at an age where he really enjoyed it too!

On Tuesday, Erik and I got a sitter and went out on a date during the day. We even got to meet my parents for lunch, who were up enjoying some snow shoeing! Wednesday was going to be the BEST day of the break! My boys were dying to go to the New Prague vs. Logan basketball game in Winona. I was set to take them, but on Tuesday during lunch, my dad offered to take them to Cabelas, Kwik Trip (BIG TIME to my boys!), and then the game. My mom and I were going to leave early, get coffee, and go SHOPPING all day, all the way back down to La Crosse. I could NOT wait!

Tuesday night came and Erik and my dad went to Avatar, and I had the boys. Johnny woke up screaming and I JUMPED out of bed thinking "HEERE WE GO AGAIN!" He was dreaming and just needed to go to the bathroom. So, as I was helping him, I started to feel like I jumped out of bed way too fast. I went back to bed, and tried to talk myself out of feeling crummy. An hour later, I was sick as a dog ALL NIGHT LONG!

So, I woke up, and besides feeling TERRIBLE, I also wanted to CRY! We cancelled our plans again, and were home bound for a few more days. Next up on the agenda was the "Leaver Family Christmas" that I was hosting at our house after New Years. So, round TWO of disinfecting the house was underway. I had the menu all set, and bought all the groceries. New Years Eve came and we were still laying low resting. We had a nice quiet night at home...until about 1am when Curtis starting puking ALL OVER AGAIN! So, Christmas #2 was cancelled. He was sick all the way till the 2nd of January! We laid low the last days of vacation and then started laughing at how HORRIBLE our break was! What a bummer!

Now, the kids are back at school, all the beds have been stripped for a 2nd time this week, every bathroom washed, every door handle Lysoled, and every light switched cloroxed! I'm hoping that 2010 is quieter for us, than our break was!
The goof-balls!On New Years Day, Johnny watched football ALL DAY LONG! First it was the Capital One Bowl, and then the Rose Bowl. He bit his nails while watching the games. Then he fell asleep on the couch. When he woke up, he ate graham crackers with butter on them! Megan says, "YOU BIRTHED YOUR FATHER!" Nothing wrong with that, is what I say!
I can think of one good thing that happened over break and it was that Andrew can now feed himself with a spoon. Megan said, "Hard for a kid NOT to pick it up when you are giving him Chocolate Ice Cream!" Hey, after three kids, I know the ins and outs! (:
And he was loving EVERY minute of it!

Happy New Year EVERYONE!

1 comment:

AnnMarie & Nick said...

A Christmas to remember:) Hope the new year is a little less eventful for your family. Cute pictures of naked boy.